- Thread the belt through the loops in your trousers. Tighten the belt so that it feels comfortable. Measure the distance between the outer edge of the buckle and the middle of the five holes.
- Loosen the screw and remove the buckle.
- Draw a vertical line to mark the distance (x) you have measured from the end of belt where you just removed the buckle.
- Cut the belt along the line.
- Use the end that you have cut off to determine the position of the new hole.
- Use the hollow punch to punch a new screw hole at the marked point.
- Mount the buckle part back onto the belt using the screw.